Posts Tagged waterbutt

IBC cladding

image

The IBC ‘s are now clad keeping sunlight, leaves and animals out.

Leave a Comment

The plot so far

20120520-171551.jpg

It’s all looking pretty good sitting on my new patio. Now I only need to get the fence panel behind me to stop rattling!

We’ve got the water butt pump working and the IBCs are really coming into their own. Only last week it was torrential rain, but now the clay is cracking and I’ve got beans that need a healthy supply!

Leave a Comment

Sadly it’s come to this

20111009-162659.jpg

Sadly I seem now to be excited by rushing home to find out how much water has accumulated in the IBCs. Last night for instance, I got 100ltrs.. We’re now up to 275ltrs in the first IBC – over 1/4!

Leave a Comment

IBCs connected

20110924-180843.jpg

Finally I’ve connected the IBCs

20110924-181011.jpg

Taken off the guttering

20110924-182509.jpg

Replaced angled towards the IBCs and connected them up with whatever came up hand!

Leave a Comment

Plant sale & new water butt

Today was the plant sale down our allotment. Hosted by the committee it raised a fair bit of cash to put towards the constant admin, repairs to equipment etc.

I didn’t have any spare plants yet. But I contributed with 5 gallons of ale and 5.5 gallons of sweet ginger beer.

Mmm. The ginger beer was of course the most heavily drunk, it was after all 10am and the serious drinkers like myself were still nursing hangovers. Hopefully it’ll still hold out till next weekend when we have airshow.

I got a few new gooseberries (will still have an entire allotment of gooseberries), tomatoes, broccoli, mild chili and a few other bits and bobs. They also had a wonderful selection of cakes and by 11 I was washing it down with some of my aptly named ‘poisoned rat ale’.

My significant other turned up with parents who reminded us we’d offered to pick up a water butt from a close family friend. So we popped over with my friend Gary (one of my ushers at the big upcoming date…) to pick it up.

Gary levelling stand

When we returned, an insane idea gripped us – what about putting up on the other side of the shed so we could get water off the roof from there! This clever idea turned into a wonderful bodge ending up with me cutting my thumbnail with a rusty knife.

The bodge

It certainly bled out the rust however as it litterally pumped the blood up and out. Ouch. I used up all the spare medical gauze, tape and even a triangular bandage wrapped round to stem the flow! So the last pic shows me with the aforementioned bodge with a well wrapped thumb.

Tim with bandaged thumb

Leave a Comment