Down the lottie today I was bitten to death.
However I did get some pics of the different sections so you can see an overview, and there’s a few more pics of the finished raised bed from yesterday which I also planted a bit in.
We now have cucumbers, another courgette, my applemint (restricted by a bottomless pot which is a long pot with the bottom knocked off – the roots don’t tend to go very deep in mint so it’ll restrict its spread for a bit), a left over tomato, last of my leeklings (that’s a bably leek to you), spagetti squash and some sown from seed brussel sprouts (yuk!!)
Pics in a gallery format below
First pic (top right) is of the strawberry bed which is somewhat infested with couch grass (twich) as well as strawberries!, next is the harlow carr 3×3 imitation and finally another pic of the three sisters bed
2nd row new bed with plants, next houses our mangetout, cabbages, a sorry looking cucumber and some more brussels, last pic on second row is our fruit area.
3rd row is of my other runner bean bed with more fruit, and lollo rosso, next pic has cold frame and asparagus bed, last pic on that row is our beans, additional strawberries and rhubarb bed. I’ll be moving the rhubarb at the end of the season into trenches in front of the blue boxes – it’s unmanageable in the manure beds now.
Final pic is my pond and first line slug defence. There’s often a frog in there now and I’ve noticed a definate reduction in slugs in the locality. Good job mr frog!